Indonesia signed letter but made no commitment to US on airspace access, defence minister says

🇸🇬 The Straits Times (SG) —
Indonesia signed letter but made no commitment to US on airspace access, defence minister says

AI Summary

Indonesia signed a letter of intent with the U.S. regarding military airspace access but did not commit to any agreements. This reflects the delicate balance of defense relations between the two nations amidst regional tensions.

JAKARTA, May 19 - Indonesia's defence minister said on Tuesday that he had signed a letter of intent last month with U.S. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth on granting U.S. military aircraft access to Indonesian airspace, but said no commitment was made.

Security Politics Indonesia US military airspace access defense relations letter of intent

Read original source →